The deadline for submission has been extended to August 21, 2023, 11:59 pm ET.
- Local Government
- Native/Tribal Entity
- State Government
- Education and Workforce Development
- Energy Infrastructure
- Environmental Clean-up
- Health and Safety
- Technical Assistance
Reserved for Energy
This funding opportunity provides $8.8 million for small-to-medium sized local governments and state-recognized Tribes to:
- Reduce fossil fuel emissions in ways that are environmentally sustainable and maximize benefits for local and regional communities;
- Reduce the total energy use of the eligible entities;
- Improve energy efficiency in the transportation, building and other sectors; and
- Build a clean and equitable energy economy that prioritizes disadvantaged communities and promotes equity and inclusion in workforce opportunities and deployment activities, consistent with the Justice40 Initiative.
DOE is seeking to support communities to make significant progress towards their clean energy goals. Ideal projects will create meaningful impacts on local economies, deeply engage the community, and include a wide range of team members including several local governments and/or Tribes and partner organizations such as labor unions, state energy offices, utilities, community-based non-profits organizations, and community foundations.
DOE is compiling a “Teaming Partner List” to facilitate the formation of new project teams for this FOA. The Teaming Partner List allows organizations who may wish to participate on an application to express their interest to other applicants and to explore potential partnerships.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Any organization that would like to be included on this list should submit the following information: Organization Name, Contact Name, Contact Address, Contact Email, Contact Phone, Organization Type, Area of Technical Expertise, Brief Description of Capabilities, and Area of Interest. Interested parties should fill out this form https://forms.office.com/g/ksbYZ7x0Cc or email the information to email@example.com with the subject line “Teaming Partner Information.”
The eXCHANGE system is currently designed to enforce hard deadlines for Concept Paper and Full Application submissions. The APPLY and SUBMIT buttons automatically disable at the defined submission deadlines. The intention of this design is to consistently enforce a standard deadline for all applicants.