- Native/Tribal Entity
- Transportation Infrastructure
Reserved for Energy
TTPSF grants are available to federally recognized Indian tribes through a competitive, discretionary program. Awarded annually, projects are chosen whose outcomes will address the prevention and reduction of death or serious injuries in transportation related incidents, such as motor vehicle crashes. Transportation fatalities and injuries severely impact the quality of life in Indian country. Statistics are consistently higher than the rest of the nation as a whole.
FHWA advocates the development of strategic transportation safety plans as a means for tribes to determine how transportation safety needs will be addressed in and around tribal communities. See additional information on developing safety plans.
Eligible projects for the TTP Safety Fund include:
- develop and update transportation safety plans
- crash data assessment, improvement, and analysis
- systemic roadway departure countermeasures
- infrastructure improvements and other eligible activities as listed in 23 U.S.C. 148(a)(4)