- General Public
- Private Sector
Reserved for Energy
What does this program do?
This program helps qualified, private nonprofits provide technical assistance and training to identify and evaluate solutions to water and waste problems; helps applicants prepare applications for water and waste disposal loans/grants; and helps associations improve the operation and maintenance of water and waste facilities in eligible rural areas.
Who may apply?
- Nonprofits that have the proven ability, background, experience and capacity to provide technical assistance or training on a national, regional or state basis.
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with populations of 10,000 or less
- Tribal lands in rural areas
How may the funds be used?
- To identify and evaluate solutions to water problems related to source, storage, treatment, distribution, collection, treatment and disposal.
- To provide technical assistance and training to improve management, operations and maintenance of water and waste disposal systems.
- To prepare water and waste disposal loan and grant applications.
Are there terms for grants?
- The project period for these grants is one year starting Oct. 1 and ending Sept. 30.
- Applicant contributions must be used before USDA grant funds.
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- Grants are subject to the availability of funds.