- This event has passed.
What Does the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Mean for Energy Communities?
November 19, 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Please join the Interagency Working Group (IWG) on Coal and Power Plant Communities for a virtual fireside chat with three senior White House and agency officials on the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). This recently signed law creates a once-in-a-generation investment in our nation’s infrastructure and competitiveness with clear benefits to America’s energy communities.
Executive Director, Energy Communities IWG
United States Deputy Secretary of Energy
Special Assistant to the President and Deputy White House Infrastructure Coordinator
Special Assistant to the President for Climate Policy
During an engaging half-hour conversation, hear directly from senior Administration officials how the bill will create good-paying union jobs and deliver economic benefits to every community in the country. Attendees will learn about historic funding that will:
- Rebuild America’s roads, airports, bridges, ports, and rails
- Guarantee access to clean drinking water and affordable high-speed internet
- Clean up legacy environmental pollution
- Upgrade and modernize the nation’s electrical grid
- Invest in communities that have too often been left behind
- And much more