- Educational Institution
- Local Government
- Native/Tribal Entity
- Private Sector
- Public Utility Entity
- State Government
- Energy Infrastructure
Reserved for Energy
To enter into agreements to carry out 3 energy storage system demonstration projects.
- To improve the security of critical infrastructure and emergency response systems.
- To improve the reliability of transmission and distribution systems, particularly in rural areas, including high-energy cost rural areas.
- To optimize transmission or distribution system operation and power quality to defer or avoid costs of replacing or upgrading electric grid infrastructure, including transformers and substations.
- To supply energy at peak periods of demand on the electric grid or during periods of significant variation of electric grid supply.
- To reduce peak loads of homes and businesses.
- To improve and advance power conversion systems.
- To provide ancillary services for grid stability and management.
- To integrate renewable energy resource production.
- To increase the feasibility of microgrids (grid-connected or islanded mode).
- To enable the use of stored energy in forms other than electricity to support the natural gas system and other industrial processes.
- To integrate fast charging of electric vehicles.
- To improve energy efficiency.