- Native/Tribal Entity
Reserved for Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Indian Energy provides federally recognized Indian tribes, including Alaska Native villages, tribal energy development organizations, and other organized tribal groups and communities, with technical assistance to advance tribal energy projects. The Office of Indian Energy, DOE National Laboratories, and other partnering organizations provide the technical assistance at no cost.
The goal of technical assistance is to address a specific challenge or fulfill a need that is essential to a current project’s successful implementation. The intended result is a tangible product or specific deliverable designed to help move a project forward.
The following tribal entities are eligible for on-request technical assistance:
- Federally recognized Indian tribes, including Alaska Native villages
- Tribal entities —including Alaska Native regional and village corporations, intertribal organizations, and tribal energy development organizations
Current projects funded by DOE Office of Indian Energy grants receive highest priority. Priority will also be given to tribes that have previously submitted grant applications, but have not yet received awards.
Types of Technical Assistance
- Technical Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Strategic Energy Planning
Request Technical Assistance
By requesting Office of Indian Energy technical assistance, the requestor indicates he or she has permission to request assistance on behalf of a tribal entity and that the request is to advance a tribal energy goal or project.
By submitting a technical assistance request, you are agreeing that:
- You, as the requestor, have the authority to request assistance on behalf of the eligible tribal entity.
- The request applies specifically to advancing a tribal energy goal or energy project.
- A designated tribal contact will be available and responsive to DOE’s and/or its technical assistance provider’s requests.
- The designated tribal representative will be available to participate on a call to discuss the scope of the assistance.
- The designated tribal representative will provide any additional information (e.g., energy usage data) requested in a timely manner.