Estimated Award Date: 9/1/2022
- Local Government
- Native/Tribal Entity
- State Government
- Health and Safety
Reserved for Energy
This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Rural Public Health Workforce Training Network Technical Assistance Program (RPHWTN-TAP). The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to support a single organization that will provide technical assistance (TA) to rural health care networks in order to strengthen their ability to expand public health capacity by supporting health care job development, training and placement in rural and tribal communities.
The goals of RPHWTN-TAP are to:
- Provide technical assistance to Rural Public Health Workforce Training Network (RPHWTN) program award recipients and other rural stakeholders seeking guidance on how to expand clinical and operational workforce capacity in four specific workforce training tracks within their rural health care networks.
- Identify and/or develop, promote, and maintain tools and resources that can be widely adopted to support rural health care networks’ ability to expand public health capacity by supporting health care job development, training and placement in rural and tribal communities.
- Facilitate relationships between rural health care networks and relevant stakeholders at the local, state, regional, and national level to promote the exchange of information and promising practices that increase training and certification programs in specified workforce training tracks.
- Identify and strengthen rural health care networks capacity to anticipate, prepare for, and respond to emerging clinical and operational workforce challenges related to COVID-19 and long COVID.
- Provide technical assistance that supports rural health care networks in their efforts to connect academia with health care service delivery to address growing rural health workforce disparities.