- Lending Institution
- Native/Tribal Entity
- Economic Development
- Energy Infrastructure
Reserved for Energy
To support Tribal investment in energy-related projects by providing direct loans or partial loan guarantees to federally recognized Tribes, including Alaska Native villages or regional or village corporations, or a Tribal Energy Development Organization that is wholly or substantially owned by a federally recognized Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Corporation. The Inflation Reduction Act increased the total loan authority from $2 billion to $20 billion and provides $75 million to carry out the program.
DOE can support a broad range of projects and activities for the development of energy resources, products, and services that utilize commercial technology (innovative technology is permitted but not required). The following non-exclusive list of potential types of Eligible Projects is provided for illustrative purposes only:
- Electricity generation, transmission and/or distribution facilities, utilizing renewable or conventional energy sources
- Energy storage facilities, whether or not integrated with any of the above
- Energy resource extraction, refining or processing facilities
- Energy transportation facilities, including pipelines
- District heating and cooling facilities
- Cogeneration facilities
- Distributed energy project portfolios, including portfolios of smaller distributed generation and storage facilities employed pursuant to a unified business plan
Please read the solicitation for more information about eligible projects.
Related ResourcesAdditional information is available on the Resources page.
Total Amount Available:
Limit per Applicant:
LPO offers pre-application consultations to prepare prospective applicants for the application process. Prospective applicants can begin the consultation process by sending an email to TELGP@hq.doe.gov with the subject line containing the prospective applicant's name and 'Request for Preapplication Consultation.' If you have concluded pre-application consultations with LPO, please email or call your LPO staff contact for instructions on how to access the Application Portal. To apply electronically via the Application Portal, Applicants must obtain a Unique Entity ID through the System for Award Management (“SAM”) website.
TELGP@hq.doe.gov or 202-586-1262